- Home Pitch Location
- Upcoming Fixtures
- This Week
- Tour 2018
Welcome to Ironsides U11's. We are a non-selective community club, with one of the largest mini sections in the country. Whether you've been playing for a couple of years or are looking to start rugby, Ironsides is the ideal choice. For the season commencing September 2019 the U11s is for all those children born between 1st September 2008 and 31st August 2009.
T: 07961 168240
U11 Head Coach
T: 07733 440017
Wandsworth Common (the non dog walking area near the Skylark Cafe)
|, 1/3/2020||Esher Spring Festival||Festival|
|, 8/3/2020||Guildfordians Minis Spring Festival||Festival|
|, 15/3/2020||Wimbledon Minis Festival||Festival|
|Sat, 17/4/2020||Butlins Tiger Challenge||Tour||Bognor Regis|
Sunday 23rd Feb 2020
We have a change of plan for home training this Sunday (23rd Feb). We will now be playing on the ATA pitches next to Batrix Potter school, the address is Openview, Earlsfield SW18 3PD. And we will be playing from 11am - 12:15pm.
The reason for the move is because Wandsworth Common is still unplayable.
- All children will need to wear mouth guards and rugby boots for every training session & festival.
- No dogs are allowed on our training pitch at Wandsworth Common
- Please note that Ironsides Rugby is NOT a drop off training session, all children must have an adult with them for the duration of the session and the children must be aware of who that adult is.
Tour Playing Dates – Saturday & Sunday 17-19th April 2020 can be extended to Monday 20th to stay in the resort if required for an extended break.
Link to tournament website: https://tigerschallenge.co.uk/junior-rugby-tournaments/butlins-bognor-regis/
Link to Tiger Challenge Tournament video 2019 Trailer https://youtu.be/DcL-Tz3LJxQ or 2020 trailer https://youtu.be/AcqbtjuYESM
- Shorter Travel Time from London under 2 hours by train, Bus or car
- On site fields with short walking distances/travel times to secondary pitches
- Brand New Hotel type accommodation
- Better selection of accommodation – Resort recently underwent a multi-million pound uplift
- Brand New £40 million pool construction project completed last year
- New Larger Tournament Format - 1st Year of new format expected numbers @ 5000 capacity so we avoid Ironsides v Ironsides games
- The size of tournament will Rival Minehead which has 6000 capacity
- Resort has a smaller foot print than Minehead with more entertainment
- Does not clash with Broomwood Football allows more tourists who normally miss tour.
- Better Price Point by £10 per room per person – for a higher quality of accommodation
- Cater for a wider selection of teams of U7 to U14 – Boys & U14 & U15 Girls
- Potentially introduce Buses again for tourists due to shorter journey time – or train 1h 37min from Clapham - Create Tour Vibe
Please get your parents to save the date and further detailed info will follow. No Direct bookings can be made at this point we need to complete the club registration & payment which will take 2 weeks. Bookings can then be made directly on a link which will be distributed to all parents.
Alps Patel from U10 will be the tour Manager. firstname.lastname@example.org