31/01/2021 - #IRONSIDESRUGBYFIT: Week 3: #OneClub Schedule
Ironsiders of all ages have been joining Jason over the last couple of weeks.
This week (w/c 31/01/21), some new sessions have been added!
We're smashing into February!!
See all sessions below, and please see your Ironsides Club emails for all the relevant Zoom links!
**U5-U9 RUGBYFIT SESSION - SUNDAYS 9:00AM
**U10-U12 RUGBYFIT SESSION - SUNDAYS 9:30AM
**U13-U14 RUGBYFIT SESSIONS - SUNDAYS 11:15AM
**LADIES' SESSION - TUESDAYS 7:00PM
**COACHES' AND ADULTS' SESSION - TUESDAYS 7:40PM
**U15 - COLTS SESSION - WEDNESDAYS 7:00PM
**COACHES' EDUCATION PROGRAMME - WEDNESDAYS 7:40PM
**SENIOR MENS' ONLINE FITNESS SESSION - SUNDAYS 11:50AM
Junior Rugby Fitness
- We wanted to bring something for our younger players to do now that rugby is on hold. #IronsidesRugbyFit with Jason is a Weekly Live Online session based around movements that help strengthen, build balance, flexibility and improve our athletic ability.
- It is a bodyweight programme that kids can participate in from all levels.
- You don't need much space, a 1.5m by 1.5m space is all that's needed, and if you have more then, then that's great and if you have a little less that's ok.
- If you have a rugby ball and a tennis ball bring it along. If you don't no worries, bring any ball of a similar size and you can use that, there isn't any specific skill work but some challenges you can do inside with the ball (don't worry parents, no kicking or passing).
Ironsides Adult Online Fitness Session
- It can't just all be for the kids, once a week Jason will put on a live online fitness session for the parents of Ironsides Rugby players.
- This will be 99% bodyweight based (we may use a towel every now and then).
- We will cover a total body workout focused on getting you moving.
- You don't need much space, a 1.5m by 1.5m space is all that's needed, and if you have more then, then that's great and if you have a little less that's ok too.
Ironsides Coaches Online S&C Programme
Ironsides are running a Coaching S&C Programme for the Coaches, commencing Wednesday 3rd February and running from 7.45pm for 45 to 60 minutes.
The training will be over Zoom and will run for 4 consecutive weeks. Each week will build on from the previous weeks training.
Jason St Clair Newman will be running the programme. Jason is currently running the #IronsidesRugbyFit program for players and parents via Zoom.
In Jason's words:
The focus of the programme is to give you, the Coach, knowledge to help develop the physical abilities of Junior Ironsides rugby players.
- Be time efficient for coaches to deploy within a coaching session.
- Give players a solid foundation in movements that are important for stability, strength, flexibility, speed, agility, body awareness and contact as they grow and advance into older age group S&C.
- Be easy to understand with guiding principles-based around the Club's philosophy and style of play - fast, high skill, high paced game.
- Have ongoing support, training opportunities and communication channels with lead S&C coach.
- Increase club cohesiveness through older age group players helping to run and deliver warm up sessions with coaches.
- Use little to no equipment.
- Have access to content for continuing education and reference.
Session (subject to some change as learning evolves):
- Understand basic terminology of the S&C Session
- Movement vs Bodybuilding
- Session structure basics
- Basic assessment (if needed)
- Time - micro exposure - within session blocks
- No equipment - no problem. Using what you have at the pitch
- Programme considerations - growth spurts, ideal time frame of exposure, injuries.
Later sessions, we will do some practical work online so Coaches can participate (if space available), to see examples. You can preview a lot of these movements in the Sunday Junior Zoom sessions.
Celebrating 75 Years @ Ironsides - Juniors
Celebrating 75 Years @ Ironsides - Juniors
Celebrating 75 Years @ Ironsides - Minis
Celebrating 75 Years @ Ironsides - 1st Team 1972 - 73
Celebrating 75 Years @ Ironsides - Mick & Jean
Celebrating 75 Years @ Ironsides - 1st Team 1996 - 97
Celebrating 75 Years @ Ironsides - 1st Team 1966 - 67
Celebrating 75 Years @ Ironsides - 1st Team 1957 - 56
Celebrating 75 Years @ Ironsides - Vets
Celebrating 75 Years @ Ironsides - 1st Team 1971 -72